Old July 1st 07, 09:01 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:16:35 -0700, Radium
wrote:

On Jul 1, 7:24 am, wrote:
radium, I applaud you in your interest generating discussion.

if there are no questions there are no answers; dumb or smart!

to me your questions came across wonderfully, and generated both

as humans we stand on two legs, most of us that is.

men get the honor and privilage to stand on three legs from time to
time.

this is our blessing and our curse!

Thanks for your understanding.

ps. how would u like to change the cell phone industry?

Analog cells phones should stop using FM and should start using AM
between frequencies of 40,000 to 285,000 Hz.

---
Good idea. The available spectrum between 40kHz and 285kHz is
245kHz wide, so at a little less than 3kHz per channel the maximum
number of channels available would be 82. That means that no more
than 82 people can be on the air at the same time.

Probably all over the world, to boot, what with those frequencies
being able to propagate over long distances.

That's probably a good thing, because with those 1875 meter long 1/4
wave whips at 40kHz and those 263 meter 1/4 wave whips at 285kHz on
the mobiles, any more people on the air than that would certainly
create a hazardous situation.

--
JF