Old November 2nd 03, 12:21 AM
KS7J

Default Methods for ladder line feed on rotatable antenna?

Please reply to the list or directly to me: shack AT tomochka DOT com.

Hello antenna mavens,

Searching high and low today for examples of feeding a rotating
antenna with ladder/window/open feed line. My idea would be to use a
standoff near the tower top (say, 3-4' perpendicular to the tower) and
drape a large loop of window line from the feedpoint to this standoff,
then route the remainder of the feed line down and away from the tower
using standoffs as necessary.

Anyone have experience with this sort of setup or can you suggest a
better one? Is there a rule of thumb for how large the loop should be
to accomodate a 450 degree turn?

I would imagine using a stranded conductor feed line would be
preferable given the amount of flex that may be inherent. How would
one stiffen the overall draped loop though to prevent it being blown
near metal in a breeze?

TIA es 73.

Please reply to the list or directly to me: shack AT tomochka DOT com.

- Casey