Old July 3rd 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default DX398 RF Gain Modification

MWWong wrote:
Hello,

I've posted a message to the DX398 Yahoo Group in regard on how to
modify its RF Gain in order to have maximum attenuation, ie. zero
gain, as i plan to perform the Rick's Sensitivity Mod...

However, no members have replied to my query and hence i've resorted
to writing to this Group with the hope someone could help me out...

If you know how to go around in undertaking this RF Gain mod, i would
be much humbled if you could share this knowledge with me and other
members...

However, if don't, it is still okay but hopefully you could direct me
to someone you know whom can guide me on the above mod...

Best Regards,

Alan Wong.

This isn't quite what you wanted, but it's food for thought.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20h45/r...n/909mods.html
http://www.dxradio.co.uk/sangean/ats909.php

You should be able to intercept the signal before it gets to the radio.
A handy pin out of the antenna jack ia found on the above page:

http://www.dxradio.co.uk/sangean/Pin-out.gif

I hope that gives you a start..

mike