Old November 2nd 03, 02:26 AM
Mark Keith

oSaddam (Yuri Blanarovich) wrote in message ...
But....Just using my built in

"BS" filter only, which rarely seems to fails me, and ignoring all
other influences, I still have to side with Tom. I still think the
current is fairly constant.

Nothing
personal either way...But I have learned never to ignore my BS filter,
so I'm going with it. MK

Same here,
did your filter filtered out W5DXP pudding? The "theoretical" proof is right
there. Or are you drinking the same coolaide as Tom? :-)

Yuri

Reality vs. Speculations? Duuuh?''

Oh, purely speculation on my part. I have no easy way of really
knowing the reality. There is a small part that keeps bugging me, but
I'd have to see for sure where he is measuring the currents. I missed
the pix on the site. I'll assume for now he measured at each end of
the coil, pretty much at the connection to the mast or whip. The part
the bugs me is a possible stunting of the current at the top of the
coil due to the capacitance it is looking at, at the end of the coil.
To my thinking, once you leave the coil, even right at the end, you
should see a reduction of current, compared to say even a turn or two
from the top of the coil. I'm just wondering if this may be giving a
false indication of the true currents within the coil,if he is
measuring slightly outside of the coil. I'd be more satisfied if he
could measure a few turns from each end "using a large, many turns,
coil for 80 or 160" to get a general view within the windings
themselves. But I realize this could be very difficult. You all may be
totally correct. I'd just like to be a little better convinced before
I totally agree. I expect a slight decrease in current at the top vs
bottom. But I don't expect it to be large. I also don't expect the
bottom of the coil to be "hot", with a radical current taper on the
upper windings. The main thing I see to causing a reduction of
current , is the stinger on top of the coil. "capacitance" I wonder if
he is seeing the effects of that capacitance in his lower measurement?
Only the shadow knows for sure....:/
As far as the reverse currents Cecil mentions, I'd have to ponder that
a while.
Seems to me that could wildly vary from antenna to antenna depending
on height, coil positions, any top loading, etc..Although it looks
good on paper, I smell a hook. So I'd have to think about that more.
BTW, this amount of current in the coil, is something I've also
thought about myself. I've just come to the "different" conclusion
it's fairly constant through the coil. I could always be wrong.
Wouldn't be the first time.. But I need to see/hear a bit more to be
convinced. MK