Old July 5th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Active antenna Q

In article .com,
N9NEO wrote:

On Jul 4, 7:58 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article .com,

N9NEO wrote:
Does anybody know which antenna I am talking about?

It fits inside a 8" x 1.25" piece of pvc pipe and half of the pc board
is the antenna. It uses a U310 fet and some bipolar following that.
Maybe a 2N5809. Stick it on a non-magnetic pole and the 12v supply is
in the house. I am looking for the link to it. A friend and I are
building them, but I left the documentation at my other QTH. If you
have any experience with it then I would like to hear what you think.

I'm also building the AMRAD active antenna, but the high dollar fets
aren't here yet.

Could be the North country active antenna.
http://www.northcountryradio.com/Kitpages/pactant.htm

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Not sure. I don't see the schematic on the north country site. I'm
sure thsere are a bunch of good designs out there. I'll post a link
to it when I get back to NY next week. My friend said he was very
happy with the performance and will compare to a couple of other
antennas he has. Maybe I can coax him into writing something down and
publish.

Crystalonics fets got here for the Amrad. The wife thought they were
LEDs so when I asked for fets she told me they didn't come.

The following link shows a FET amplifier followed by a bipolar
transistor coax line driver. Different FET and transistor than you asked
for though. See page two for the schematic.

http://www.northcountryradio.com/Published/actant_0896/actant_0896.htm

--
Telamon
Ventura, California