Old July 5th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default receiver gloat Grundig 800

I've been visiting a second hand store here for a few months. They had a
Grundig 800 on display for the last month and a half, with an asking
price of 350$ Can. I'm cheap, so I kept offering them 250 because the
antenna slides apart at the first segment.

Today they broke down and I got the radio for 250. It's scratch free and
has the power supply. The thing works very well and unlike the Sony 7600
I tried, the sync seems to be working as intended.

I now need to find out which revision it is, but I've got problems
finding any information on the web.

Serial #S80110089XX (the XX my change)

If anyone has the lineage of these things, I'd appreciate some input.

I recall something about the power supply problems and this is a
concern. The date on mine says made in China (surprise) Oct-Dec 2000

mike