Old July 6th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sky Captain Sky Captain is offline

Default Freeplays Outperform SONY 7600GR

Incredible but true. At 6 PM ET my SONY 7600GR could barely pick up
Detroit's WJR-760, but my Freeplay Lifeline delivered a crisp, clear
audio. I'm visiting Gambier, Ohio, about 200 miles from Detroit. A
few minutes ago my Freeplay Plus easily delivered Toronto's CHWO-740
while that station was inaudible on the SONY. Even SW stations sound
better on the Freeplays. BTW, these were side by side tests.

It's been been my experience that Freeplay makes rugged, great-
sounding radios. I realize the 7600GR has a number of enthusiasts,
but I've owned both the G and GR versions of this set and I'm quite a
bit underwhelmed.