Old July 7th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
[email protected] phil-news-nospam@ipal.net is offline

Default Front-to-back ratio for UHF antenna

In alt.tv.tech.hdtv "Roger (K8RI)" wrote:

| The ones on my quadature array were a lot stronger than that. I
| finally gave up as it's too difficult to get the proper spacing from
| side to side across the entire UHF band. Besides at 90 feet I point
| them (I have one to the NW and one to the S) to the weak UHF stations
| and they do very well on the much stronger VHF.

If the desired signal is a single channel, two antennas connected 180
degrees out of phase (or flip one upside down), where they are spaced
an odd multiple wavelength from the desired source, and equadistant to
the multi-frequency side source (if there is a specific noisy source),
might do the trick.

You might look into these antennas:

http://simplicitytool.com/mu_series_uhf_quad_array.htm
http://simplicitytool.com/log%20periodic%20arrays.htm