Old July 7th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Richard Richard is offline

Default Naming your projects

You designers (bless 'em) that advantage us with your design skills and
projects : Can I please encourage you to always (within reason) name your
creations. I think that would be beneficial for web searching for other
people's comments, or searching for how they implemented your designs.

Take for instance the following actual descriptions:

"The AP-80 An Alternative Pixie"

(Fine, the rig is called "AP-80")

"Low Cost AM SWBC Radio"

(Problem. No rig name)

"(Fairly) Simple 75M SSB rig with PTT"

(Problem. No rig name)

"SSB Receiver / Exciter and Linear amp"

(Problem. No name for the exciter, or RX)

Allocation of a name or number to whatever you design would help. IMHO. It
seems a pity that we have a great resource in the web in search engines, but
their usefulness is limited by failing to properly name.