Old July 7th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Hein ten Horn Hein ten Horn is offline

Default Freeplays Outperform SONY 7600GR

Sky Captain wrote:

Regarding my Sony 7600GR, it's just a mediocre radio with a number a
bells and whistles built in. To answer Telamon's concern, I do have
the DX (news) switch on.

Oops Captain, that's the tone switch.
Check the ATT-switch!
Or adjust the attenuation wheel (minimum).
You find both of them on the left-hand side of your 7600GR.

I've checked and rechecked all the controls
and everything seems to be working correctly, but SW signal
sensitivity is weak. Also, there is an annoying background hum,
especially when I listen to a strong station, like EWTN.

Rechecking the AM mode or trying a different one might help.

gr, Hein