Old July 8th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave Edwards Dave Edwards is offline

Default Best Tube-Type Transceiver?

Well, as far as "normal" rigs....those you can set on a tabletop and use
very well today....
The KWM2 is useless on CW, and the band segments are broken up in the middle
of the band.
The HW101/SB102 series are great rigs, but age and the home-made aspect
means many of them have problems.
A TS-520,820,830, does not fall in to this category (tube rig)
My vote would be a TR4CW/rit. It has everything, and is solid and reliable.
Runner up would be a Kenwood TS511S
Problem is, that model Drake has had the price ebayed through the roof, and
the Kenwood is hard to find. But....waddya gonna do. They are old, and work
well...so the demand is up!.
.....Dave

"Beech Creek" wrote in message
. ..
I am interested in opinions as to the best tube-type transceiver ever
produced and why?

I know there will be lots of different opinions but I am interested in the
reasons behind these opinions.

Thanks!

Cal Barton
WB5CYS