Old July 8th 07, 09:31 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
isw hath wroth:

I beg to differ. There's no mixing happening in the air. compression
of air is very linear (Boyles Law or PV=constant).

In general, that's true, but take a look at what happens in the throats
of high-powered horn loudspeakers. You can find info in e.g. "Acoustics"
by Beranek.

Isaac

What am I suppose to look for? I appreciate your recommended research
project, but frankly, I don't care what happens inside a high powered
horn loudspeaker. I prefer to stay fairly on topic about the original
allegation that mixing somehow occurs in open air, which is not true.

Incidentally, if mixing did occur in open air or inside the ear, you
would not be able to comfortably listen to hi-fi music, as all you
would hear would be intermodulation products.

Yes everything would become ultra sonici