Old July 9th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Scott Scott is offline

Default Ham license Archive

My thinking was that with all the computer "paint" programs, a guy could
scan the page from an old callbook and "edit" the listing to make
himself any class he desired. I always thought the FCC required an
original license to be shown along with a CSCE to prove Morse credit.
But as we've both said, it doesn't matter anymore...

Scott
N0EDV

William O'Hara wrote:
AFAIK Callbook listing was acceptable proof for the element for Techicians
prior to 1987. Seriously! What would be insufficient about it? Generals
with 5 WPM did not get credit. They would have to retaken the element, if
the license had expired. All moot, now.

Bill
n1ey

I don't think a callbook listing would be acceptable "proof" for the
FCC to give him credit for having passed the code test in the past.
But, again, since no code test is required anymore, he can simply
re-test for any class license and request his old call as a vanity
callsign.

Scott
N0EDV

--