Old July 9th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bm bm is offline

Default Receiver News? Kneisner + Doering

On 9 Jul, 16:12, Steve wrote:
On Jul 9, 5:47 am, bm wrote:

The KWZ-30 did have its issues...most notably the internal PSU which
failed twice in mine. I believe others had trouble too. I am not going
to wait for a KWZ-30/2. Maybe their SDR, KDG-SR100, is more
interesting.

BM

On the upside, so far as I know the KWZ-30 didn't have any major
'issues', and if nothing else K&D are competent (and then some) in the
engineering department. This would make it a little easier for me to
be quick on the trigger when (if) the KWZ-30/2 is finally released.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Do you know anyone who's tried the KDG-SR100? It's been out for a
while now and I haven't heard from anyone who's purchased one. I
already have a TecTec RX-320D. It's very nice and is probably about as
far down the SDR road as I'm willing to travel.

Steve

Hmm... It seems that the post I sent never materialised in this ng.
Anyway: No, I haven't heard of anyone in my area (Scandinavia) who's
bought one. Maybe Germany. Here's a link that compares the SR-100
with the Flex-Radio SDR-1000. Those who don't understand German should
get the picture anyway. The hardware requirements are roughly the same
- especially the need of a high-end soundcard. The RF Space SDR-14
and SDR-IQ are much more modest in that respect.

I suppose the RX-320D is not a "real" SDR but a PC-controlled
receiver.

BM