Old July 14th 07, 11:30 PM posted to comp.arch.embedded,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.components
William E. Sabin William E. Sabin is offline

Default Need sources for pot with planetary drive

Jackson Brothers http://www.mainlinegroup.co.uk/jacksonbrothers/
Makes some excellent planetary drives. There are dealers in the USA.

Bill W0IYH

"msg" wrote in message
Gary Tait wrote:

msg wrote in news:139f22h91ghhna7
@corp.supernews.com:

I need the form factor for modifications to antenna
rotator assemblies

Do you mean the rotator or the controller?

For the rotator, you can maybe use a standard pot with gearing.

snip

I had considered gearing but the available space and the
necessary additional fabrication was more involved than
the solution I chose.

Here are photos of the modified rotor:

http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/...ntennas/rotor/

This rotor is common to a number of makes and models; the controller
that came with it was for the Cornell-Dubilier AR22R, an interrupter
based spring and escapement controller version.

The modifications permit continuous rotation and rely on the
controller to manage limits.

Regards,

Michael
msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org