Old July 15th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) is offline

Default Connecting ground wire to ground rod

Good morning, all...

When connecting a copper ground wire to a copper-plated ground rod, is
there a compound of some kind that should be used to inhibit corrosion?

I have asked the man behind the counter at the local electrical supply
store (where I got the ground rods) and he says it's not necessary, but I
have seen references to it here and there on the net including in this NG.

I thought about maybe using some of that Butternut conductive grease that
we use on our antennas.

Thanks...