Old July 15th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Hal Rosser Hal Rosser is offline

Default Connecting ground wire to ground rod

As long as you use a ground clanp made for that size and type of ground rod
and wire, you do not need to use noalox, or penetrox.
But it may be like chicken soup is for a cold - "it couldn't hurt."

"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote in message
news

Good morning, all...

When connecting a copper ground wire to a copper-plated ground rod, is
there a compound of some kind that should be used to inhibit corrosion?

I have asked the man behind the counter at the local electrical supply
store (where I got the ground rods) and he says it's not necessary, but I
have seen references to it here and there on the net including in this NG.

I thought about maybe using some of that Butternut conductive grease that
we use on our antennas.

Thanks...