Old July 16th 07, 02:47 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.internet.wireless
msg msg is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Radium hath wroth:

snip
That is why when you are listening to
the AM radio at home and someone turns on the microwave-oven, you here
those odd sounds on the receiver.

No. Microwave ovens operate at 2400Mhz. AM broadcast operates at
1MHz. No way there's going to be any interference there.

I have an oven with a bit too much leakage; various components in some
of my broadcast and hf receivers make good antennas at 2.4GHz and as the
stirrer rotates in the oven, the signal level changes (60 Hz modulation
of course).

Regards,

Michael