Old July 15th 07, 10:45 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Brenda Ann wrote:

wrote in message

Cell phones already use frequencies in the 3 GHz region.

Really? Which ones? I'm only aware of cell systems using 800, 900, 1800 and
1900 MHz. There are some (very few) multisystem phones that use all four of
those ranges.

Notice the word "region"?

--
Jim Pennino