Old July 16th 07, 12:23 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
Bob F. Bob F. is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

"Radium" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 1, 7:24 am, wrote in
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...0c8ed13?hl=en&
:

how would u like to change the cell phone industry?

Analog cells phones should stop using FM and should start using AM
with SHF frequencies - at least 3 GHz and at most 30 GHz.

Before making such a recommendation, I suggest you read up on a couple of
topics.

I'd suggest at least topics including:

Near and far antenna performance.
Path loss calculations
Signal penetration
Fading types
Interleaving
SAR
Eb/No
C/I
Frequency stability and accuracy
Component and radio design
Modem methods
Modulation methods.
Vocoders
Digital modulation
General history of modulation techniques, AM, FM and digital
Maybe others as they come up in your reading.

and then study.
Manufacturers and manufacturing history
Company pioneering status
IPR
Regulatory compliance
Government rule making processes (Nat'l and Intl)
Spectrum use (bits / Hz)
Standards setting
Getting vendors to make components for you.
Lead times
Protecting customer's investment
Security
testing methods

Engineering solutions requires you to keep you arms around all of this.

If you are serious about your request and do not at least have a casual
working knowledge of all these, you are wasting everyone's time. If your
goal is to created fruitless discussion, you are right on track.

No insult intended...just trying to tell it like it is.

Bob F.