Old July 16th 07, 05:51 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
DTC DTC is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM

Radium wrote:
FM has too much hiss. FM signals are lost very easily. AM tends to
retain reception of a signals even when this signal is extremely weak.
In FM, once you go below a certain wattage, you completely lose the
signal, and the annoying hiss begins. With AM it is much easier to
receive the low-power signal.

AM maybe more vulnerable to electronic disturbances but so what? The
magnetic RF interferences that are heard on the AM radio are
entertaining compared to the deafening hiss on the FM radio.

I really do think you need to revisit some VERY basic principles of
communications theory.

It sounds like you might have a causal peripheral understanding of
communications theory and stumbled upon some obscure radio propagation
concept and want to apply that obscure concept to to change the whole way
we think of communications. Ponder for a moment why said obscure concept
remained obscure.

I could go on and on and pick each of your comments apart...but it would be
a waste of time.