Old July 16th 07, 07:19 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
Bob Myers Bob Myers is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
audience. My guess(tm) is that reality and accurate science are
fundamentally boring,

I think a lot of people perceive them as such, but that
perception is, without fail in my experience, the result of
a nearly-complete ignorance of these subjects on the parts
of those people. There are a practically infinite number
of incredibly interesting, beautiful, weird, mind-blowing things
going on in real science - if anything, it's the speculation,
lunacy, and fantasy that winds up looks really dull, if you
have any sort of understanding of the real world. Most of
what passes for interesting material on the Art Bell show
would be kicked out as too dull, too unimaginative, and/or too
mundane by any decent science-fiction editor.

Bob M.