Old July 16th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default question on LP filter

In article . com,
K7ITM wrote:

-- You can wind coils with nice even spacing by winding them on the
threads of a bolt. After you unscrew the bolt, if the wire diameter
is fairly large for the particular coil diameter, the coil may well be
self-supporting enough to be useful as-is.

An article with some graphs showing the inductance and Q of coils
which were wound on commonly-available bolts is at

http://www.radagast.org/~dplatt/hamr...rted-coils.pdf

--
Dave Platt AE6EO