Old July 17th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Simon Simon is offline

Default Help - Heathkit GR-78 Rx - power connectors

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Smokey wrote:
I presume you are talking about the DC plug. The AC (through which the
batteries ostensibly receive charging current while the radio is plugged in
is just a standard AC cheater cord type jack. The goofy polarized bladed
plug and jack were "J502" and "P502" generics. You might be able to find a
Cinch plug..from Surplus Sales of Nebraska or Fair Radio or somewhere; .not
sure of the number but it will have "502" somewhere in its nomenclature. .

2-pin Cinch-Jones connectors are available off the shelf from Allied
Electronics. Newark may have them too.
--scott

Thanks, Vern and Scott for your replies. As a collector of old sets, I
prefer to keep them original where possible. I had to replace the
Ni-cads with set of AAs soldered in the same format as the old Heath one
which was dead. I don't think we have cheater plugs here, but maybe
under another name. Unfortunately Cinch-Jones plugs are not available in
Australia and getting one from US suppliers is almost impossible these
days due to either anti-terrorist legislation (export permits now needed
for retail electronics) or credit card use (sorry, you have no confirmed
US address). Fortunately buying from private individual is technically
easier using Paypal but the new postage rates with no more seamail makes
boatanchor purchases uneconomic. Simon