Old July 17th 07, 05:54 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

"Bob Myers" hath wroth:

"Radium" wrote in message
roups.com...

One thing that I do like are the sharp sawtooth wave patterns that
show up on FM video receivers whenever lightning strikes.

When, pray tell, have you ever seen an "FM video receiver"?
Bob M.

I have one of those FM video receivers. It's my (ancient) Wavetek
3000b communications service monitor, which displays all kinds of
nifty light shows and patterns for FM. I often tune it to the WX
channel and watch the modulation on the scope display. It's kinda
hypnotic without the accompanying audio and sometimes an improvement
over what's available on TV. I guess it's TV for radio geeks.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D