Old July 17th 07, 07:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

These daze, I have to do more than look. I have to dig, excavate, and
filter to find it. However, I found a suitable replacement about 10
years ago. I was reading dot com business plans. Not only was I
being paid to rip them apart, but the products and services were some
of the best science fiction I had ever read. The authors of some of
those business plans really should be writing sci-fi stories. I
really miss the passing of the dot com era and the tremendous
technical imagination that helped make it happen.

Reminds me of a meeting held at a large, prominent aerospace company
some years back where the marketing weenie was touting the latest
air-to-air missle idea that would completely dominate the market.

He was a bit taken aback (but not deterred, which is another story) when
one of the engineers in the audience pointed out that they needed to
come up with a communications system that operated about 3 times the
speed of light to make it work.

snip remaining

--
Jim Pennino