Old July 18th 07, 01:17 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.internet.wireless
Warren Oates Warren Oates is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I'll pretend not to mention commercial antennas that are sold without
any useful specifications, patterns, or simulations. That's one
reason I've often considered going into the antenna business. The
more they resemble a gold plated metallic scrap heap, the better they
sell. Few customers can see how they operate. Product comparisons
are difficult or impossible. Magic is everywhere. Yeah, the antenna
biz looks good.

I remember seeing one of those "rabbit ears" tv antennas, unpowered,
shaped like a little satellite dish that you could rotate, selling for
like 14.99 or something and on the box it said "Uses RF Technology!!"

It was true, though, I guess.
--
W. Oates