Old July 18th 07, 05:06 PM
Mike Sch. Mike Sch. is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWB View Post
Did you order DB224-A (150-160MHz) or 224-E (140-150MHz) range models? The
harnesses on the antennas are for their proper range....the harness between
the two antennas can be easily made up of 75 ohm RG11 coax cut in ODD
multiples of 1/4wavelength (taking Velocity Factor into account!). The
lengths would be the same on each side of the T to the 224 feedpoints. Easy
to do....the harnesses on the antennas are made to match 100ohm elements
down to a single 50 ohm point.....but as long as both antennas are the same
range, you only need to worry about the harness between the separate 224s
Chris;

I have two of the DB224E antennas: In my case, I have the plan to mount the original antenna as-designed, so it will be mounted ABOVE the four-foot side-mounted standoff, and the top-most DB224 will be completely in the clear.

The SECOND DB224 will be mounted UPSIDE-DOWN below the top DB224. The lower DB224 will be mounted on the same stand-off bracket. -Is this CORRECT?? (OK to be mounted upside down?)

QUESTION #1: I need to make a POWER DIVIDER so I can feed both antennas. In tour comments above, I see that you mention that the phasing harness (power divider?) can be made up of 1/4 wave (calculated) lengths of RG-11; If the two legs of the power divider are the same, will this mean that the lower antenna will be fed OUT OF PHASE? (The lower DB224's elements will be "upside down...) -If needed, I could rotate the elements on the lower DB224, so they "hot side" is UP, just like the standard configuration.

QUESTION #2: Is the lower DB-224 to be mounted upside-down, under the top-most DB224? (I am concerned about moisture being trapped in the elements.)

QUESTION #3: What are the possible patterns for the elements? (I now have the top DB-224 set up with two elements facing North, and the other two elements facing South. The LOWER DB224 would be in an omni-directional pattern.)

Thank you!! -Mike- K0JTA