Old May 13th 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
graham graham is offline

Default I'd buy that for a dollar!

"Ken G." wrote in message
Whoever did that estate sale, obviously, did not have their client in
their best interest or even had a clue ... ... and Phil, knowing what
you know, you ripped your neighbor off ...

Well Graham some of these estate cleanout sales are geared to get rid of
stuff instead of trying to run an antique shop where half the stuff dont
sell because its all priced to high

..... one of the goals, in our business, is to move as much as we can on the
sale days, but is it not the only one, nor is it #1 ... everything, in
all of the
sales I have done in the past 10 years (several hundred) does sell,
either
at the sale, on consignment or goes to an alternate market ....

then the estate sale company just keeps it & sells it .

.... nobody, that I know of,in this town,does that ... you are speculating

I noticed this happening here years back so most
people now just sell the stuff themselves .

.... most of the time, the family doing the sale is big mistake, we can
usually
make the family more money if they hire us to do the sale, even after
our commission ..

.... homeowners, family members and people not in the business, just don't
know what their items are worth or what to price them at as evient in
Phil's T/O find for a buck at a sale by the family ...

have not seen an ``estate cmpany`` doing estates here for some time now .

.... that is because there is no market

One estate sale company near here gathers up the good stuff , looks up
its value from books and internet then puts 1/3 that value on the stuff

.... we all use the internet as a reference ... only 1/3 ??? that's not right

Ken, I think you would be more comfortable passing the estate sales
and sticking to the garage sales ... garage sale pricing seems be be more to
your liking ... do not expect garage sale prices at estate sales