Old May 15th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Hagstar Hagstar is offline

Default RCA woodworking quandry

"Gordon Richmond" wrote in message
2)Rinse the contaminated areas with a mild bleach solution to neutralize
what may be left of the acid. Rinse and allow to dry for a day or two

Nelson:

Bleach won't neutralize acid; it's an oxidzing agent just as sulfuric acid
is.

Actually household bleach DOES have a highly alkaline pH (my profession is
pool pro so one thing I DO know is chlorine chemistry). BUT I still wouldn't
use it due to the toxic gas issues! My impulse would be to deeply scrape the
area and apply *short* fiber autobody filler. Be sure to *roughly* shape the
setting Bondo at just the right moment- before it is fully hard- with a
Surform or coarse sandpaper (that will clog a bit).

John H.