Old June 1st 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
jim menning jim menning is offline

Default Help finding Madeleine McCann - 4 years old

"ian field" wrote in message

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message

Rick wrote:
Come on - you do know that's spam to get hold of your bank account
numbers...

BZZZzzttt! Wrong... this one is actually legitimate.

Jeff

Tragic as it is, and I do feel for the parents but kids get abducted all the time
and how many of their parents get lent a private jet to go visit the Pope - having
said that I don't mind offering helpful (if obvious) advice.

If the OP really wanted to do something useful, they would upload the pictures to
all the binaries they could think of and try to persuade anyone who opens the
thread to propagate the pictures to any binaries they can think of, the first reply
after mine demonstrates the level of reluctance to open potentially suspicious
websites so the effective publicity from a website is much less than covering the
binaries.

Let me give my 2-cents worth to say I really oppose your suggestion.

Madeleine McCann is only one of tens of thousands of kids that go missing each year.
Her case is only special because her family can afford to pay for media hype.
Although I can sympathize with her family, the likelihood that I will see their lost
child running around in Grand Chute, Wisconsin is astronomical. There are many local
issues that do deserve my attention, and even one second to click on the "Mark as
read" button for Madeleine is a waste of my time, caused by some "do-gooder" who
wants to further sensationalize the tragic story.

I'd hesitate to see the floodgates open if any/all crime victims start to post to ALL
binary (or text) groups looking for their kidnapped children, stolen artwork, or
deadbeat daddies. This particular crime was in Portugal. Let the Portugal/European
media and authorities handle it. No need to waste the time of millions of other
people around the world.

Let Portugal develop their own "Amber Alert" and look for the child that way.