Old June 1st 07, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brian Hill Brian Hill is offline

Default Help finding Madeleine McCann - 4 years old

"jim menning" wrote in message

Let me give my 2-cents worth to say I really oppose your suggestion.

Madeleine McCann is only one of tens of thousands of kids that go missing
each year. Her case is only special because her family can afford to pay
for media hype. Although I can sympathize with her family, the likelihood
that I will see their lost child running around in Grand Chute, Wisconsin
is astronomical. There are many local issues that do deserve my
attention, and even one second to click on the "Mark as read" button for
Madeleine is a waste of my time, caused by some "do-gooder" who wants to
further sensationalize the tragic story.

I'd hesitate to see the floodgates open if any/all crime victims start to
post to ALL binary (or text) groups looking for their kidnapped children,
stolen artwork, or deadbeat daddies. This particular crime was in
Portugal. Let the Portugal/European media and authorities handle it. No
need to waste the time of millions of other people around the world.

Let Portugal develop their own "Amber Alert" and look for the child that
way.

A waste of your time? My 2c states " You can never do enough to help any
child no matter how rich their family is or how poor and I don't care what
floodgates get opened" My time is worth less than any child.

BH