Old June 1st 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
jim menning jim menning is offline

Default Help finding Madeleine McCann - 4 years old

"ian field" wrote in message

"jim menning" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message ...

"jim menning" wrote in message

Let me give my 2-cents worth to say I really oppose your suggestion.

Madeleine McCann is only one of tens of thousands of kids that go missing each
year. Her case is only special because her family can afford to pay for media
hype. Although I can sympathize with her family, the likelihood that I will see
their lost child running around in Grand Chute, Wisconsin is astronomical.
There are many local issues that do deserve my attention, and even one second to
click on the "Mark as read" button for Madeleine is a waste of my time, caused
by some "do-gooder" who wants to further sensationalize the tragic story.

I'd hesitate to see the floodgates open if any/all crime victims start to post
to ALL binary (or text) groups looking for their kidnapped children, stolen
artwork, or deadbeat daddies. This particular crime was in Portugal. Let the
Portugal/European media and authorities handle it. No need to waste the time of
millions of other people around the world.

Let Portugal develop their own "Amber Alert" and look for the child that way.

A waste of your time? My 2c states " You can never do enough to help any child no
matter how rich their family is or how poor and I don't care what floodgates get
opened" My time is worth less than any child.

BH

Yeah, I'm being very selfish. I'll get off my lazy ass, and start going door to
door here, and I won't give up until I find her.

C'mon, Brian. This is one of countless lost children around the world, and
nowhere near where I am. In this particular case, for Madeleine McCann, there is
nothing I can do. Now if you can provide me with pictures of the lost children in
my area, that would be different. For a child lost in Portugal, let the locals
there look for her.

She probably isn't still in Portugal, she could be anyplace by now - can you
guarantee the US isn't where she's been taken?

You're sidestepping my whole point. It's not just this particular incident with
Madeleine. It's the effect of posting every lost child incident to every binary
group on Usenet (that you suggested) that we are talking about. Remember that?
"This might seem a bit obvious - but why don't you obtain an electronic
picture of her and post it to every binaries group you can think of? "

But quite right - Europe should have its own version of codeamber.

Putting more words in my mouth? Please be careful who you are responding to. I
never mentioned "Codeamber". That was Michael.