Old June 8th 07, 01:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default wierd reostat

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message

"Ken G." wrote in message
Goofy style here . never seen one till this

Looks like a variable inductor tuned by a brass vane.

Variable tapped coil, rather than tuned. I've built crystal sets when I was
a kid that used a very crude form of this, with a fixed cap across it made
from wax paper and aluminum foil, and a slider made of brass that was
screwed onto a board and just scraped across the coil's windings to tune the
stations.