Old June 9th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,alt.binaries.pictures.radio
John Byrns[_2_] John Byrns[_2_] is offline

Default Stewart-Warner reactance dimmer

Hi Dave,

The photo just helps explain how it works, you still have the problem of
fixing the open primary of the "transformer". To fix it you will need
to either have the primary rewound if the break is inside the winding,
or if you are lucky the wire may simply be broken where it attaches to
one of the terminal lugs and you may be able to reattach it.

Regards,

John Byrns

In article ,
"Dave Burson" wrote:

The only PITA is that I've left the chassis at the house of a friend who has
a signal generator (and who knows how to use it). I'll try to get over
there tomorrow. If I can't get a meaningful photo, I can at least sketch
the details. Thanks for the continued interest.

Dave

"Randy or Sherry Guttery" wrote in message
John Byrns wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting the photo, it makes clear that all three windings are
on the center leg of an E-core unlike the General Electric circuit.

I don't know John, there is something sticking out on both the left and
right ends - like there were a very few winding on each of the outer
legs - normally the shell encloses everything - in this one - there is
something definitely sticking out... or at least it looks like it - Dave -
I know it'd probably be a PITA - but is would it be too much to ask to try
and get a side shot (from north or south as this photo is oriented)?

best regards...
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com