Old June 17th 07, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ralph Seefeld Ralph Seefeld is offline

Default Fisher Type RP-44 info needed

Recently I acquired what appears to be a radio direction finding
receiver manufactured by Fisher Research Lab in Palo Alto CA. It is
Type RP-44, serial no. 267. Tube lineup is: 6SK7 RF, 6K8 converter,
6SK7 IF, 6SK7 BFO, 6SQ7 1st AF-Det, 6K6 output. It has three bands, but
frequencies are unknown as there is only one tuning scale, marked from
0-100. With it I received what looks like a loop antenna which fits on
top at the center of a compass rose. It appears to be powered through a
multi-pin connector on the back.

When a friend found out that I was interested in old radios, he offered
this to me along with some other gear that had been stored in his shed
for years. The rest I disposed of as worthless, but even though I had
to clean a rats nest out of it, I thought this unit might be worth
saving and possibly restoring.

I could find no info on the web, but I did find the company, which is
still in business, mainly in the manufacture of metal detectors. An
e-mail to the company brought the response that they had no information
on this unit, not even in their archives.

I could always trace the wiring (which looks to be in good shape under
the chassis), but a schematic would be a big help, and any other
information would be great.

Ralph Seefeld

Attached Thumbnails
Fisher Type RP-44 info needed-p1010029.jpg