Old July 2nd 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
John Byrns[_2_] John Byrns[_2_] is offline

Default Whats this antenna for

In article ,
(Ken G.) wrote:

The square pole part is 30 inches long .
The longest `wings` are 30 inches .

I assume the hookups are the wing nuts in the middle of the zig zags .

I wonder about a couple of the details of this antenna, first why are
the reflector elements insulated from the boom? Second and more
interestingly, the placement of the zig-zag elements in front of the
reflector is not symmetrical top to bottom, side to side in the photo, I
wonder what the purpose of this is, if it is to shape the vertical
pattern to somehow maximize the gain when ground reflections are taken
into account?

Regards,

John Byrns

--