Old July 15th 07, 11:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ron in Radio Heaven Ron in Radio Heaven is offline

Default I remember!

DaveW wrote:
I also remember watching Nixon being inaugurated, (1969) in class in 3rd
grade. This was the first time we ever had a television in class.

I remember watching Kennedy being sworn in during class in the third grade.
That was the first time I ever saw a TV in class.
It was also my last day at that elementary school.

A couple of months earlier we had moved into our new house which
was in a different school area. Since my dad's barber shop was near
the first school my mom wanted me to keep going there so I could
ride in with my dad. But is seem I was a little hell raiser and when they
found out about us moving, it turned out to be an easy way to get rid of me.
That was the only time I had to start at a new school in mid year.

I remember seeing JFK during the election when he came to Charlotte
on a campaign trip, we stood nest to the road and watched him ride
by on the back of a flat bed truck.

Ron
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/