Old July 15th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Carter-k8vt Carter-k8vt is offline

Default I remember!

Carter-k8vt wrote:

But it -is- interesting (and dare I say, ironic) that you feel they
need to use "utter vulgarity" and "outrageous tastelessness"
to satirize immorality. I still contend that is purely gratuitous
and a few more steps down the slippery slope.

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Potentially. But it's obvious (to me, anyway) that "South Park" is largely
serious about what it does.

Well, I'm not sure what their "it" is...although pushing us a bit
further down the slippery slope comes to mind.

I think most viewers agree, and don't see the
program as _promoting_ gratuitous tastelessness or vulgarity.

I don't see how you can separate the "promoting" from whatever else they
are attempting to do.

PS: Stan Freberg was a master at offending people with G-rated material.

Which proves that it CAN be done without resorting to trash talk. Back
when men were men and it was the REAL Golden Age. ;-)

Again, it looks like we can agree to disagree...