Old July 18th 07, 07:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Default AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on anastronomically-low carrier frequency

isw wrote:

That particular receiver doesn't have much of a "front end"; diodes
(with protection) and straight into the first mixer. No RF stage, tuned
or otherwise.

It can exceed the PIV of the protection diodes and cause them to
short, or explode. That crappy Sony design is where the harmonics came
from. The diodes, (or any other semiconductor) with enough RF can
generate a lot of spurious signals. It can even come from a rusty joint
in the area.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell