Old July 21st 07, 07:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
RHF RHF is offline

Default How I would like to change the *digital* cell phone industry.

On Jul 21, 11:14 am, Don Bowey wrote:
On 7/21/07 11:00 AM, in article
,

"Kurt Ullman" wrote:
In article ,
Don Bowey wrote:

You miss my point. Why do you think the iPhone is so successful?
Why the iPod?

Until there are more facts, the iPhone's current success is due to people
wanting a very cool instrument with good features.

Which is pretty much the definition of putting out a product that the
public wants. But, yet, I seem to have feelings that you did not mean
this as a positive.

You are reading in something I did not say.

The iPhone is off to a great start, but it has no track record at this time.
I anticipate that it will be very successful, but we can only guess at it
now. From an investor point-of-view, I think the monthly kickback from AT&T
that Apple negotiated, is good. From a personal POV I think it sucks, and
will likely antagonize Apple supporters.

IPhone Buyers and Users -and- Apple Supporters
may not be one and the same. ~ RHF