Old July 22nd 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Craig Buck Craig Buck is offline

Default Tarheel pricing too high?

The best bet is the ATAS120. Same price as the Tarheel and you don;t need
any expensive interface boxes. You can't work 80 with it but you couldn't
possibly have been considering 80 with the little Tarheel anyway. The
FT100D and ATAS are a great mobile combo. I have two of them in two
different vehicles.

"Bob John" wrote in message
Is Tarheel pricing their products out of the market? I had consideration
purchasing a little Tarheel II during our local Hamfest last weekend in
Aurora, IL. The dealer informed me the price had once again gone up and
they are now $289.99. Add to this amount the sales tax, auto-controller
and mount and you are way over $600.00. This is more then I paid for my
FT-100D, which I purchased new. At this point in time, the Hustler antenna
is working fine and I don't have to worry about theft.

Bob, AA8X