Old July 27th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 9:30 UTC from Kranji in Singapore

In article om,
American Insurgent wrote:

On Jul 25, 5:02 am, Tester wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:49:20 -0700, RHF
wrote:

BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 9:30 UTC from Kranji in Singapore
English News and Information : World Up-Date
- - - Topic The Tour de France
.
S-Meter : S5~S9 with Good Audio with BBC-WS ID.
.
BBC - World Service (WS)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/
.
Kranji, Singapore

Back when they had official frequencies for North America, 9740 from
Singapore frequently came in better in the SF Bay Area than the
"official" frequencies, needing nothing but a cheap portable with its
included antenna.

I find that Africa can be heard from time to time in California as
well, although the signal is noisy. 11765 is the best around 0500, if
you can null Cuba. 0930 is a good time for other Asian signals. I've
heard Indonesia and Chinese domestics then (interesting music). Radio
Free Asia and its drums and flutes jammer is also active then. The
Chinese have the best jammer I've ever heard, a lot better than the
Soviet bubbles and the crackling noise and several other ideas. Cuba
and Iran use the bubbles today, while Zimbabwe has been using the
crackling. I always found it interesting that America never tried to
jam Soviet broadcasts and even let Warsaw Pact QSL cards get through
the mail on occasion. I suppose that jamming is simply not a part of
American propaganda. Everybody jams us, but we don't jam back. Nixon
preferred to use clandestines and counterclandestines ("black
clandestines") rather than jam. Bush would be a likely jammer, but
given that only a few thousand Americans out of 300 million bother to
listen to SW anymore, it's just not worth it.

Your post started out news worthy but the conclusion was not worth it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California