Old July 27th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Open wire feeders and proximity to other metal ....

think coax. or put a balun at the entrance to the house and go coax from
there.

"Rob Roschewsk" wrote in message
. ..
OK .... here is another newbie question

I want to run an open wire feed to a 160M Dipole .... I need to bring the
feed in and across my basement. I want to run along the floor joists but
like most basements there are pipes and duct work all over.

What would be the minimal acceptable separation between other metal object
and the open wire feed???

For an idea of what I'm up against:
http://pabut.org/feedline.jpg

Thanks,