Old July 28th 07, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Steve Kelly Steve Kelly is offline

Default Can anybody suggest a HF manpack set with low power consumption

Hi,
I'm trying to find a set that has a low standby current.The Yaesu FT817
seems to fit the bill but the standby current seems to let it down sadly
(250mA squelched and 450mA on receive).I have a 2 meter handheld with all
the bells and whistles (fm admittedly) which draws 10mA squelched.I would
appreciate any comments and suggestions. - Steve