Old July 29th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MarkAren MarkAren is offline

Default microwave oven power supply

This may be a daft question, but is Marketing name for the product
"Inverter" ?

Doing a quick search on eBay, several ovens pop up with this name, one
description was "Panasonic Inverter Microwave Oven 1100W" - looks like
a 110V product to me.

I have never heard of a 12 or 24v microwave oven, 1100W at 24v = 45
amps which seems excessive even as a load for a large truck.

Regards,

Mark

On Jul 25, 12:42 pm, "Jimmie D" wrote:
I picked up a couple of inverter powered microwave ovens at the goodwill and
I was wondering if these power suppies can be used wih tube amps and such.
Also would like schematic data if I could so I could see if I can modify
them for other voltages besides thosed they are designed.

Jimmie