Old July 29th 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MarkAren MarkAren is offline

Default microwave oven power supply

7 seconds On and 3 seconds Off for a 1000w oven is an average power of
700w, assuming your chicken will integrate the power (as all good
chickens probably will

-Mark

On Jul 28, 8:15 am, "Jimmie D" wrote:
"Jimmie D" wrote in message

"msg" wrote in message
Jimmie D wrote:

I picked up a couple of inverter powered microwave ovens at the goodwill
and I was wondering if these power suppies can be used wih tube amps and
such. Also would like schematic data if I could so I could see if I can
modify them for other voltages besides thosed they are designed.

I didn't know such contraptions existed Please post brand name, model
and nameplate information from them to permit a bit of research. Sounds
like a candidate for the quad 807 linear awaiting a power supply...

Regards,

Michael

Cant get to them right now for more data but one is a Sharp and the other
a Panasonic.

i have found that they are regulated and variable to some degree via pwm Old
stle microwaves varied power by varying the duty cycle that the tube was on
over a period of seconds. that is to say if a 705 power was set the tube
would be on full power for 7 seconds out of 10. the inverter style actually
decreases the voltage to the tube. interesting possibilites about for
amplifiers

jimmie- Hide quoted text -