Old July 29th 07, 06:39 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Uncle Peter Uncle Peter is offline

Default Putting the Ham back into Ham Radio

"Polymath" wrote in message
I wonder if we who are the Usenet-frequenting Radio Hams might somehow get
together to sort out the dreadful mess that has been created in no small
part by the self-interest of those who control the RSCB?

I think if you do some serious searching you find there are literally
HUNDREDS of
simple kits available for any ham who wants to build his own equipment. From
sophisticated transcievers to tiny TunaTins, PSK-31 transmitters, and
a few simple software defined
rigs thrown in for good measure. I don't see the need for what you're
proposing, and the market would have filled the gap if anyone else did.

Pete