Old July 29th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Kasupski John Kasupski is offline

Default Radio Habana Cuba on 6000 kHz @ 6:18 UTC

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:25:46 -0700, RHF
wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:47 pm, RHF wrote:
Radio Habana Cuba on 11875 kHz @ 3:21 UTC
.
S-Meter : S7~ S9 with Fair Audio and Radio Habana Cuba ID
along with Spanish News Program at 3:33 UTC

Radio Habana Cuba on 6000 kHz @ 6:18 UTC
.
S-Meter : S9 with Good Audio with a YL Reading
the the Cuban Economic Report in English and
the Radio Habana Cuba ID followed by Music.

I also heard Radio Havana last night in the wee hours of the UTC
morning, with a YL reading "news" (i.e. yabbering about The Cuban
Five) just like Arnie Coro was doing on Friday night around the same
time. She sounded like someone had an Arnie voice synthesizer and had
switched it to "female" mode. :-)

I primarily chase UTEs so I didn't log the exact time but it was on
6000.0 kHz. Didn't even note S-meter reading, but moderately strong
signal and perfectly readable with no difficulty.

I also heard a station on 7335.0 playing country music for a program
they were billing as "New Music Spotlight" with decent signal levels
but some minor fading. My understanding was that WRNO's antenna had
been destroyed by Katrina, so who's broadcasting on 7335? Their
website doesn't seem to have been updated since August 2006. Did WRNO
get a new antenna or what? I didn't stick around long enough to hear
an ID because by this time I was finding it hard to stay awake.

73 de John, KC2HMZ, KNY2VS
Tonawanda, NY, USA
TS-450S-AT, DX-394, Wires
http://www.kc2hmz.net