Old July 29th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] spamhog@gmail.com is offline

Default Sony ICF SW-100: bad battery leakage, advice needed !

I unwisely forgot the radio, with alkaline cells in it, in one of the
the worse places: my car's glove compartment, in high summer, in
southern Europe.

When I found it I feared the worst. The new batteries were dead, and
it took a while to get them out. Dried remains of leaked battery fluid
were all over the battery compartment.

- Are there any good directions on how to open this tiny and fragile
radio?

- What's the best way of removing the dry and powdery crust?

- is the circuitry static sensitive enough to risk being zapped of I
use a brush to clean it? Should I use a slightly wet brush, or would
it make matters worse?